2 boneless chicken legs, marinated with 1 tsp chinese wine, 1 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil.
2.5 cups of rice
20 gm of ginger
4 cloves of garlic
2 shallotsHalf cup of mixed vegetables
Salt to taste
Pandan leaf (optional)
1. Blend garlic, ginger, shallots and 1/4 cup of water until a fine paste.
2. Mix garlic/ginger/shallots paste with rice and top up with water level required for 2.5 cups of rice. Slightly lesser water is required because the chicken meat will seep out liquid & oil. Add salt and pandan leaf.
3. When water start boiling, add boneless chicken legs skin down onto the rice.
4. Once the rice cooker cycle finished, immediately remove the chicken legs.
5. Add in mixed vegetables and mix with the rice. Cover the rice cooker lid and leave it for 5 mins.
7. Serve with garlic chilli. Enjoy!
- You can also fry minced garlic, ginger and shallots till fragrant before frying washed rice grains together. The rice will be more fragrant.
- Please do not use chicken legs with bones. It does not cook thoroughly.
Mid wings are used in this attempt. Pan fried the chicken to render its fats before adding into the rice cooker when the water is boiling at half cycle. Rice taste yummy!
If you can want to make more effort, try this delicious chicken rice recipe!